Applying for a Mongolian visa is relatively easy, compared to some other countries and Mongolian Embassies around the world are working hard to improve their service. Please note that the Embassies in different countries may have slightly different requirements and prices.
Most tourists will not require a Mongolian visa but some visitors need a 30-day "SINGLE ENTRY EXIT VISA", listed on the application as category "J" tourism. It is not usually necessary to provide an official supporting letter from us, but a copy of your itinerary will be enough. You will also have to have a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the expected date of travel, a passport photo, the completed application form and payment. Below is listed more information and addresses that you will find useful.
Other Visa Information
A visa application can be submitted by the following:
- Applicant him/herself.
- Immediate family member of the applicant
- A reliable visa agent / service.
- Please note that applications sent by post shall not be processed.
Embassy of Mongolia will be closed on national holidays:
- 1st of January (New Year)
- 1st & 2nd day of the lunar calendar new year (January or February)
- 8th of March (International Women's Day )
- 1st June (Children's Day)
- 11th, 12th and 13th of July (Naadam Festival)
- 26th of November (Proclamation of Independence)
Mongolia visa requirements and fees
|No||Type||Visa fee||Service charge||Urgent service fee|
|1||Single entry-exit visa||-||-||$53|
|2||Multi entry-exit visa||6 months||$68||$5||$65|