Herd of Reindeers Tour (Flight 2 way)
From: $110 : 9 days
On the furthest north of the country, there are famous travel destinations from Khuvsgul province. Lake Khuvsgul is Mongolia's biggest pristine fresh water lake and it is the sister lake to Baikal across the border in Siberia. The region is known as the Switzerland of Mongolia with high, ice-capped mountains, beautiful lakes and vast forests of pine and fir.
On the opposite side of KhoridolSaridag mountains, is the ‘Darkhad valley'. Travelling in the Darkhad valley to the Tsaatsan (reindeer herders) community on the north end of the valley will be an unforgettable experience. As to the nomadic part, you'll see Darkhad's famous white horses and yaks and the Tsaatan's reindeer herds. Be sure to ride reindeer while visiting Tsaatsans.
Because the area is full of high mountains, forests, rivers and lakes, it is an adventure travelers' heaven.
Let's ride an adventure with the ADVENTURE
- Tent: 2 person in per tent, camping equipments.
- domastic flight 2 way
- Traditional barbecue
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and drinking water on each day
- Horse or camel riding (as applicable)
- All entrance fees to parks, monasteries etc
- Qualified driver and tour guide
- Sleeping bags as required
- International airfare or train tickets: We offer cheap international airfares and tickets for our customers request.
- Luggage charges: Free luggage allowance is 15 kg for domestic flights depending on the air company.
- Personal expenses: Such as laundry, beverages, alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, optional activities which are not included in the tour itinerary
- Travel insurance: Our clients are recommended to get travel insurance coverage from their local insurance companies before traveling
- Dinner on the final day of the tour
- Visit Reindeer family
- Horse riding to Deep of Taiga
- Hiking on the Mountains
- Great lakes
- Traditional performance
- Reindeer's Family experience
- Explore in wild nature
Flight to Murun. You will meet our team, drive to Ulaan- Uul small village which is lives a Darkhad ethnic people. Overnight in hostel or tent in the beautiful wild nature
depending on weather L+D
Drive to Tsagaan Nuur village. Tsagaan Nuur known as White lake village is located near the lake in a district of the same name. It is surrounded by the extensive marshland, mountain and forested hills, the natural home of the Tsaatan minority reindeer people. We will prepare our horse trip to deep of Taiga. Overnight in hostel or tent in the beautiful wild nature
depending on weather B+L+D
After breakfast, start horse trip to real reindeer family deep of Taiga. Tsaatan (reindeer people) comprise 80 families of a small but growing population. They live in the high mountains of northern Khuvsgul province. Tsaatan construct birch-burk, teepee-style dwellings and hunt using horns made of larch wood to imitate animal calls. They catch fish by spearing them with long poles; reindeer milk ia part of their staple food from which they make cheese, butter and yoghurt. Occasionally, they eat reindeer meat but overall they prefer not to kill their deer.
Overnight in Teepee. B+L+D
You spend time with Tsaatan families and ride a reindeer around of these areas. Learn their daily lifestyle, milking reindeer, herding a reindeers, etc while exploring, enjoying the relaxing beautiful wild Taiga.
Overnignt in Teepee and Tent. B+L+D
Horse trip back to Tsagaan Nuur village. Traditional Mongolian barbecue for dinner.
Overnight in hostel or tent. B+L+D
Drive to Khuvsgul lake which is the deepest and pure lake in Mongolia. You have a opportunity to hiking near the lake and forest for taking photos of Khuvsgul lake area. . Also we will take a boat on the beautiful lake. B+L+D
Flight back to UB. If you would like to do some shopping souvenirs and cashmere in Ulaanbaatar. And enjoying an evening performance of national Folklore. B+L